Pastor of College & Young Adult Ministries
As CCC makes the move to their new campus, the Pastor of College and Young Adult Ministries will play an integral role as an entrepreneurial leader, finding innovative ways to reach this age group and integrate them into the larger life of the church. This next season of ministry, anchored by the new campus and increased visibility, positions the church for greater impact as they continue to be a church that transforms their city and beyond by connecting people to Christ, Community and Calling!
The Pastor of College & Young Adult Ministries is part of the Congregational Life Zone and head of the College & Young Adult Department. This position serves the congregation by developing and leading a ministry to college-aged adults (18–24) and young adults (20’s–30’s) and helping incorporate them into the overall life of the church. This position reports to the Congregational Life Zone Director. This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits.
- Department Leadership – Develop an annual department strategic plan and budget to accomplish the overall vision and ministry objectives.
- College-Aged Ministry – Serve as the primary teacher and leader for a weekly meeting to foster fellowship, spiritual growth, and community.
- Young Adult (20’s–30’s) Ministry – Develop regular opportunities for community for the young adults of CCC and the local community through monthly activities, informal gatherings, and a regular presence at weekend services.
- Volunteer Development – develop and lead a team of volunteers to help carry out ministry objectives.
- Sports and Wellness Ministry – Work closely with the Director of Outserving Ministries to equip and deploy leaders for a broad Sports and Wellness ministry that align with the various interests of the congregation, serving as a means to building community.
- Shepherding – Share the pastoral shepherding of the congregation by participation in the Pastor of the Day and Emergency Pastor on Call rotations as well as performing weddings and funerals, administering the Compassion Fund, and making hospital visits.
- A Christ honoring life marked by personal holiness, prayer, bible study, spiritual, emotional maturity, and increasing dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Unquestionable integrity, specifically in areas of handling finances, relationships, and time management
- A man or woman with a spirit of submission, flexibility, teachableness and a sense of humor!
- A high energy leader with the proven ability to gather, relate with and lead the college and youg adult demographic
- Strong ability to teach and preach God’s Word in a manner that is relatable, relevant, and innovative
- Seminary degree desirable but a bible college degree with relevant ministry experience is acceptable.
- Proven skill in equipping and releasing leaders into ministry (Ephesians 4:16).
- Solid organizational and administrative skills and ability to multi-task various ministry responsibilities and competing priorities.
- A self-starter, actively learning from books, others, and life experiences with a commitment to pursue excellence.
- Theologically comfortable in an interdenominational congregation.
- Proven ability and sensitivity to lead and serve in multicultural settings.
- A clear call to pastoral ministry and affirmation in that role.
- Fully agrees with and champions CCC’s Calling, Convictions, and Statement of Faith.